The number of worldwide non-cash transactions will rise 14% by 2020 to 772.2 billion, according to World Payment Report 2019. They will grow up to 1,045.5 billion in 2022.
Emerging markets led the growth charge.
Emerging Asia (32%) and CEMEA (19%) were highest in the global non-cash transaction volumes.
Debit card transaction volume grew up with 17%, most noticeably among the emerging markets.
- Emerging technologies are creating challenges for established banks (Regulatory push- PSD2, fragmented compliance activity, multiple systems and schemes, data protection regulations)
- Stringent adoption of data protection rules might hamper the progress of Open Banking and stifle overall innovation.
- The number and diversity of organizations gaining ground within the non-cash transaction market have grown significantly in recent years. They now include newcomers such as GAFA (Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple), BiTechs, FinTechs, and innovative digital payment platforms. 28% защита и управление на данните
- Big Tech firms are leveraging collaboration and partnerships as strategies to expand into geograhies such as Europe and the US.
- Pressure from BigTechs is the third most critical factor driving the banks’ digital transformation initiatives, according to WPR 2019. What is happening on the Bulgarian financial market?
The drivers include the growing adoption of mobile payments, the uptake in contactless technology, and digital innovation from technology players and card giants. Monetizing quick-win solutions and revisiting infrastructure strategies will keep banks viable and focused on the future.
What are the next steps?
Focusing on the user experience without compromising the security
Collaboration between banks and FinTechs. In response to corporate clients' expectations, banks are launching in-house innovation initiatives or collaboration with FinTechs.
Organizing events to raise awareness to end-users, to share knowledge with professionals, to coach managers, demonstrate new solutions and opportunities.
“Market is preparing for a future state that leapfrogs Open Banking and focuses on player partnerships, data sharing, and strengths-based new roles”.
Financial Services Strategic Business Unit CEO&Group Executive Board Member, Capgemini
What is the event about?
DIGI PAY 2020 - the event for secure and affordable online payments is the first hybrid event in the financial sector this year.
On October 1, 40 experts in the field of payments, banking and fintech sector, financial services took part live in Capital Fort.
Nearly 110 people participated online. Over 50% are satisfied with the event and over 80% would join the next edition.
We thank our partners IBS, SAS, Paysafe, Amatas, Chateau Botevo for the trust.
Who is the event for?
• FinTech companies that offer new payment-related services;
• Fraud security managers and experts
• Regulatory Authorities/Combating Organized Crime Authorities;
• Data Security Companies;
• Information security managers and professionals;
• Vendors, Consultants, Online merchants;
FinTech companies that offer new payment-related services;
• Companies providing solutions for e-signiture, authentication, fraud analytics, artificial intelligence, applications, and biometrics;
What is our goal?
• Better Customer Experience is a priority
• Raising awareness of Mobile payments advantages among Customers and Merchants
• Knowledge-sharing on Complex fraud attacks
• Benefits of adopting Open Banking
• Engaging partnerships between Banks and FinTechs
• Coaching business and technical professionals
• Present working solutions, hands-on the solutions in work shops
* The working languages of the conference will be Bulgarian and English. Translation will not be provided.
The participants in the DIGI Pay 2020 conference will receive as a compliment a bottle of wine from the Chateau Botevo Wine Cellar/Thracian valley and a promotional code for 10% discount for online purchase until the end of March 2021. The conference will end with a glass of wine provided by our partner Wine Cellar “Chateau Botevo”/Thracian valley.
Constantin von Altrock, IBM
Director,CTO Safer Payments, Financial Crimes Insights, Data and AI
Topic: “Future Payments Fraud Prevention”
Head of EMEA Banking & Insurance Fraud, SAS Institute
Topic: "Combating Fraud in a Digital World / Best Practice Fraud Detection & Prevention"
Fraud Practice Leader for SAS Greece and Eastern Europe
Topic: “SAS technology for holistic coverage of Payments Fraud and associated threats”
Head of Digital Analyzes Sector at the Cyber Crime Department of the General Directorate for Fighting Organized Crime at the Ministry of Interior of Bulgaria
Topic:„Cybercrime during a pandemic”
Founder and CEO of IBS Bulgaria
Director Consulting Deloitte
Topic: “Future Payments Fraud Prevention”
Senior Risk Systems Business Consultant in IBS Bulgaria
Topic: “End to end solution for preventing fraud in all cashless payment channels”
Senior Machine Learning Engineer, Paysafe
Topic:"Fighting fraud with Graphs and Machine Learning„
Topic:"Subverting blockchains. Real risk or Irrational hype"
Member of the Management Board of the Bulgarian Association of Software Companies (BASSCOM) and one of the founders of Paysera
Topic: "Financial fraud and decision like Ondato for secure data identification"
Information Security Manager at PPD
Cofounder of NOTO
Topic: "Transform your fraud and AML programs with a single solution. How to choose the right vendor?"
Senior Cyber Security Architect & Business Information Security Consultant at BULPROS
Topic: "Formjacking - The New Invisible E-skimming Threat in Cyberspace"
fintech consultant and founder of Patterns agency
How far are we with the revolution? Technological progress in the last year and its impact on business in Bulgaria.
Information Security expert, 7Security
Topic: “PCI DSS Certification doesn't Exist"
Business Development Manager, Mastercard
Product Development Director, Mastercard
Topic: Open Banking – where we are, and what to expect in next one year
Dr. Svetlin Nakov
inspiration manager at SoftUni
Topic: "Live Demo: Compromising Modern Online Banking Apps through Hijacking Android Device".
The Edition 2020
DIGIPAY 2019 Edition
• Over 150 Participants
• Most popular lecturers in the field of payments- BNB, Borica, General Directorate for Combating Organized Crime ( GDCOC ), First Investment Bank, Raiffaisenbank, IBS, NOTO, Evrotrust, Phyre,Socyber
• International lead companies in digital payments,fraud, digital banking - Paysafe, OneSpan, Paysera
• Premiere- Application Phos Premiere, easy and secure online payments everywhere
Източник: Интер Експо Център
Examiners, USA (ACFE, USA). The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) is the world’s largest anti-fraud organization and premier provider of anti-fraud training and education.
С Together with more than 85,000 members, the ACFE is reducing business fraud worldwide and inspiring public confidence in the integrity and objectivity within the profession.